Multilingual. Accessible. OpenSource.
- Redeveloping HC and PHAC’s websites and providing a new web content management system using DrupalWxT to manage the website.
- Personalized a customized landing pages on a user identification/location basis
- Auto-Migration of department's daily email messaging application within the new intranet environment
- Mobile responsive ready intranet
- Publishing workflow that supports peer review and revision control
- Consulting on the best practices of adoption surrounding Drupal7WxT in collaboration with other data systems held by HC/PHAC
- Training for internal employees during the transition process and supported the management, administration and extension of the platform
- Collaborative efforts among HC/PHAC/SSC developers to develop the application code in a test environment, conduct systems tests, assist with user acceptance testing and implement application into production
- Threat Risk Assessment with Health Canada Project Team, Security Staff, and Shared Services Canada to conduct a full Threat Risk Assessment on the Drupal infrastructure and Drupal software architecture to ensure compliance with Government of Canada standards. This TRA included review and recommendations for website security, risk evaluations on software and infrastructure, preventative security activities, failure resolution testing, and in-depth risk assessments of code and impact of hacks and intrusions.
Technologies & Accessibility
Under the hood powered by OpenSource
- LDAP and Novell identity platforms
- RSS structured publishing feeds
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Drupal web content management system
- Apache Web Server
- SOLR Search Engine (TBD)
- My SQL database
- PHP server side scripting language
- IBM Lotus Notes framework
Website meets Treasury Board accessibility policies WCAG 2.0. OpenPlus worked with project team to test accessibility standards and ensure content providers understand accessibility needs and requirements.